Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Other Places to Learn Geographic Locations

I sent an e-mail to some folks I thought might be interested in the geography puzzle I mentioned yesterday. Bernie Dodge from San Diego State responded that he also liked the Geography Olympics site.

In addition, he told me about another great geography game site called Geosense. Geosense is awesome! I've set it as my temporary home page.
Another site that is kind of fun dealing with US state locations is the Can You Pass Third Grade? site.
Terri Wilbanks, a friend and foreign language instructor at my university, had a cute comment about Nunavit, Canada's largest and newest territory.
"Nunavit? I think that's a place my mom used to talk about but I thought it was smaller...... 'I want Nunavit in my house!' "
Finally, if you wish to follow up with some basic knowledge about a particular country, check out the CIA World Factbook. I have no idea what data the CIA is collecting about you if you use this, but the resource is very good.

No comments: